Visitor Services Associate
The Visitor Services Associate serves as the front desk receptionist by providing excellent customer service by establishing a working relationship with internal and external customers through communication via telephone or in person. Manages the Sales Gallery, assists with school and membership enrollments. This role reports to the Exhibitions Director.
- Greets and assists customers and students upon entering the facility.
- Answers telephone, responds to visitors’ inquiries regarding programs and classes offered, Mark Arts operation, etc.
- Accepts registration for membership and school enrollments
- Manages Sales Gallery including consignment agreements, product inventory, assist with hanging Sales Gallery artwork, creating labels and returning unsold items to artists
- Track daily attendance of Mark Arts
- Assist with specific Exhibition clerical tasks; i.e. wall tags, art work inventory, artist name tags, Scholastic school tours, various Exhibition data entry
- Opens and records mail daily with Membership Coordinator
- Ensures that building is empty and secured when performing closing duties.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Customer service focused
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to work with and maintain confidential information
- Able to work independently & manage deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects with conflicting deadlines
- Cash handling
Computer/ Electronics Skills Required:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with multi-line phone system
Education/ Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ year of experience working in a professional environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds.
- No travel is expected for this position.
Education/ Experience Preferred:
- Previous experience with a nonprofit
- WordPress experience
This position will primarily be 1 to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. Pay is $8 to $10 per hour.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To apply, send your resume and a cover letter to Kellie Hayden at kellie@MarkArtsKS.com.
Mark Arts is looking for enthusiastic instructors who would like to share their passion for the arts through education. Opportunities include classes, workshops and camps for ages 3 through adult. Mail cover letter and resume to: Kellie Hayden, Operations Manager / 9112 E. Central, Wichita, KS 67206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your course proposals here.
YOUTH EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
We are looking for youth education instructors for beginning through advanced students in the following areas.
- Ceramics/ Pottery
- Clay Sculpture
- Culinary Arts
- Digital Arts
- Drawing & Painting
- Glass Fusion
- Homeschool Visual Arts
- Mixed Media
- STEAM Programming (Educational programs linking Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math)
ADULT EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
We are looking for adult education instructors for beginning through advanced students in the following areas.
- Culinary Arts
- Pastry and Baking
- Beverage and Meal Pairing
- Knife Skills
- Breakfast Foods
- Entertaining and Appetizers
- Smoothies and Fitness Meals
- Vegan/ Vegetarian
- Gluten-Free Cooking
- International Foods
- Ceramics/ Pottery
- Potter’s Wheel
- Glaze Mixing & Techniques
- Digital Arts (Adobe Suite Software used)
- Graphic Design
- Computer Illustration & Photoshop
- Digital Drawing & Painting
- Film Editing for Beginners
- Enameling, Glass, Jewelry & Metalsmithing
- Jewelry & Metalsmithing
- Lampwork Bead Making
- Glass Fusing
- Painting & Drawing
- Oil Painting
- Acrylic Painting
- Clothed and Nude Life Drawing
- Solar Plate Intaglio
- Dry-Point and Mezzotint
- Sculpture (clay)
- Portrait Sculpting
- Relief Sculpting