STUDIO ARTS ADMINISTRATOR
The Studio Arts Administrator is responsible for managing the administrative functions of the school such as assisting with enrollment, maintaining class rosters, managing the school website and class schedules, maintaining appropriate contracts and documentation for the classes, managing the faculty, budget, studios and supplies for the School of Creativity at Mark Arts. This role is responsible for developing and administering educational courses to the community and collaborating with other organizations for programming opportunities within the disciplines supported by the organization. This position will supervise various teaching artists and oversee summer intern(s). The typical work schedule for this role is Tuesday – Saturday, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. with some evening and weekend availability required.
- Oversees and facilitates programming for nine art studios, including developing class and workshop schedules for the School of Creativity.
- Manages adult and youth private parties.
- Visits classrooms regularly to make announcements, monitor instruction, classroom appearance and general housekeeping, etc.
- Coordinates with Development & Marketing Director to produce content promoting a variety of educational opportunities (weekly classes, Mark Your Mark workshops, culinary, STEAM camps, KDO, etc.) in a multitude of formats to include on website, mailers and social media.
- Maintains and updates class location spreadsheet.
- Monitors arts education opportunities and trends in the region and makes recommendations to the Program Director regarding new ideas and staffing requirements.
- Presents new educational courses to Program Director.
- Facilitates programming with community partners.
- Distributes and reviews quarterly student experience surveys.
- Under the direction of the Program Director, manages expenses and makes recommendations on course fees in accordance with studio budgets and assists with developing a sustainable model for class structures.
- Manages educational scholarships and promotes scholarships in coordination with Development & Marketing Director.
- Understands the Study Collection as a resource to be utilized for classes & events in the school.
- Provides ideas and information for educational grants to Development & Marketing Director.
- Manages incentive programs for faculty within budget.
- Oversees classroom inventory and supplies budget. Evaluates various vendors for lowest cost.
- Oversees STEAM youth programming curriculum.
- Coordinates art educational activities and community outreach events including: Autumn & Art, Wichita Riverfest events, Bootanica and Maker Fair. Plans and coordinates annual Art Market.
- Coordinates educational components for faculty, student and youth exhibitions.
- Represents Education department on Program and Culinary Task Forces.
Skills & Abilities Required:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written with the ability to articulate and provide constructive feedback.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Detail oriented & highly organized.
- High degree of planning & problem solving.
- Analytical skills to manage classroom trends, course timing, etc.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Ability to work independently & manage multiple tasks and projects with competing deadlines.
- Communication proficiency
- High degree of flexibility
- Ownership and adaptability
- Detail oriented
- Learning orientation
- Organizational skills
- Teamwork orientation
- Collaboration skills
- Staff/client focus
- Planning & Multi-tasking
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Education/ Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Art History, Business or closely related field.
- Preferred experience in progressive professional environment managing arts education programs.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Send resume and cover letter to kristy@MarkArtsKS.com.
We are looking for adult education instructors for beginning through advanced students in the following areas:
Painting – watercolor, acrylic and oil